Head of Project – Organizational Development & Rural Livelihoods*
Req ID 4130 – Posted 07/10/2019 – El Fasher – Full Time
Deadline: October 20, 2019
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, Sudan.
The project focuses on developing local civil society and improving the livelihoods of smallholder farming communities in rural areas of Sudan. As Head of Project – Organizational Development & Rural Livelihoods you will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of the project while ensuring an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe`s Country Office and donors.
- Support the organizational development of local partners in areas including needs analysis, project cycle management, financial management, HR, logistics, and reporting
- Manage a small local team to implement the project
- Apply a gender lens to project activities, and ensure best practices in participatory and equitable development are adhered to
- Liaise with government authorities, line ministries, UN, INGOs and national NGOs, and participate in sectoral coordination meetings, representing Welthungerhilfe with high degree of professionalism
- Manage the budget and provide oversight of partner budget management and spending, ensuring full compliance with WHH and donor requirement
- Manage and ensure quality of the community level WASH, food security and livelihood components
- Prepare and write assessments, reports and other project documents
- Manage contractors, consultants, staff members and civil society partners engaged in project activities
- Compile job specifications and initiate tendering procedures in line with WHH rules and regulations
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like development/humanitarian studies or qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- Extensive experience supporting Organizational Development of local organizations (NGOs, CBOs, CSOs, etc), preferably working with an International NGO
- Sound experience in Integrated Water and Resource Management (IWRM) and managing WASH, Food Security or Livelihood projects
- Experience working in remote areas and complex socio-cultural contexts
- Strong communication and leadership skills with high level of emotional intelligence
- Good knowledge of budgets and financial management
- Ability to work diplomatically and tactfully with local partners
- Sound understanding of compliance with legal requirements related to constructions
- Excellent spoken and written English, German and/or Arabic language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 20, 2019. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.