Danish Refugee Council
DRC Sudan (Nationals Only)
Internship Opportunity Placement (6 Positions)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs has been operational in Sudan since 2004. The programme focuses predominantly on the conflict-affected population living outside of camps in the rural areas. DRC Sudan has its capital office in Khartoum and operations largely in Central Darfur.
Danish Refugee Council, is currently looking for brilliant fresh graduates or graduates with minimal experience, in Sudan, who are keen to build their skills in areas of support – including Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Program management & implementation and SMT Assistant in the humanitarian sector. The Business Support and Program teams work closely together to effectively deliver to vulnerable people in Sudan within DRC and donor compliance frameworks.
About the Internship
The Intern, will work under the supervision and mentorship of the head of section, for the overall facilitation of DRC operations in the identified area of work. The post-holder will be exposed to various tasks in the department and is expected to have understood basic functions of Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Program & Senior management Support by the end of the internship. They will work in close collaboration with other teams from other support departments in Khartoum and field. Some field travel will be required, to better understand the business operations in the field.
The internship is planned for three months and renewable up to a maximum of six months depending on performance. A stipend will be paid during the internship period as per DRC policy.
Location: Khartoum based, with some travel to Zalingi, Garsila,Niertiti and other field sites.
Qualifications: Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Social Sciences, Management or other as relevant, in areas of Finance, Human Resources and Supply Chain. A professional qualification is an added advantage.
Other relevant details about you:
· Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing, reading).
· Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent communication skills
· Self-driven, proactive and keen to learn.
· Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Good organisation, efficient time management, ability to prioritise tasks,
· Confidence in managing upwards is essential particularly for the Assistant to SMT Intern
All DRC employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values. If you believe you have what it takes, to be part of a dynamic team, that is focussed on getting the basics right, enhance efficiencies to support DRC programs, we would like to hear from you
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications must be received on or before 28 November 2019. Face to face Interviews are planned from 28 November, onwards.
Do send your motivation letter and CV specifying your area of interest (Finance, Human Resource & Admin, Supply Chain, Program Or Assistant to SMT) on the subject line to: [email protected]