Programme Monitoring Officer – UNICEF
Host Entity: UNICEF
Duty Station: 1- Kadugli (SDN), 2- El Fula (SDN)
Language Skills: English, Arabic
Start Date: 01 September 2020
Duration: 4 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 03 September 2020
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under direct supervision of the Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in planning, monitoring, evaluating of projects and programme.
- Timely monitor, measure changes and assess the impact of the programmes and policies through field visit and remote monitoring following UNICEF and its partners’ interventions.
- Timely monitor the outcome and output achieved through partnerships (NGO, line ministries and donors)
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and advise on how to enhance monitoring and reporting
- Conduct in presence and remote monitoring activities for at least 25% of the time
- Assist the PME officer to implement the PME annual work plan
- Support the programme colleagues to develop their yearly and quarterly plan of activities for planning, monitoring and evaluation. Ensure relevant with HACT assurance activities.
- Follow-up on the achievements of annual work plan and micro plan
- Close monitoring of the system covering programmatic visits, action points, trips registry and reports uploaded.
- Compile and verify reports (progress and programmatic report) and ensure that the reports are comprehensive and reflects findings and results.
- Contribute to monthly key performance indicators report and quarterly SitRep
- Assist the PME Officer to ensure that proper planning and monitoring plan have been developed and implemented.
- Participate actively in office meetings and take lead in all issues related to PME.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Demography, Statistics, socio-economic research, Communications or a related technical field.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least two years of professional work experience in Project Management, including monitoring and reporting, research, data analysis and management. Experience in an international organization working in Sudan is desirable;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Monitoring and evaluationArea of expertise details:
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuou
s Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to
which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents with a residency
permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline 3rd.September 2020.