- Location : Khartoum, Sudan
- Ending : 23 Nov 2020, Monday
- Posted : 09 Nov 2020, Monday
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s team of The Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM) team within WFP Sudan External Relations unit to support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation? Are you ready to change and save the lives of Sudan’s most vulnerable people? if yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Information Management and Performance Reporting Officer for Khartoum Country Office, Sudan to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at NOA Level.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with over a total of 4 million people assisted in 2019. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2024), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE
Support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisationKEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard OIM & PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
2. Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
3. Support the collation and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
4. Support the collation, analysis and communication of the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
5. Support the preparation of Annual Country Reports (ACR) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
6. Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
7. Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting, for example through scheduling the delivery of the OIM & PR training on core competencies.
8. Support COs or RBs in emergencies by preparing, organising and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs).
9. Provide feedback on activities associated with the Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
10. Support the initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM & PR including drafting of OIM & PR related normative guidance, as required.
11. Support the assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
12. Other as required.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Or First University degree (bachelor) in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or another relevant field with two years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Typically one year or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
• General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic.HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 23/11/2020
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status;