Communications Coordinator – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||04/18/2022, 02:33 PM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Media & Communication Coordinator (National Position) – Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
- Support the development and implementation of NRC Sudan Communications Strategy, based on the Country Advocacy Strategy
- Responsible for crafting high quality creative public products that portray the humanitarian situation and needs in a manner that is dignified, people-centred, and in line with NRC guidelines
- Travel regularly to field offices to document testimonies, stories, photos, and others to deliver high quality, and impactful communications products, in line with NRC protection standards (consent, respect, dignified portraying)
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of all the different grants’ communication plans, in line with donor requirement (photos, case studies, social media, infographics, videos etc), and in close collaboration with program and field teams.
- Support all programs teams with the development of field visibility materials (roll up, banners, tshirts etc), ensuring these are developed in compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Report to and coordinate with the country advocacy manager to ensure close coordination between communication and advocacy in the programme
- Work closely with media and communications colleagues at the regional and global levels to develop, coordinate and polish communications materials
- Ensure at all times compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements as regards to all printed and online publications
- Lead the development of social media and multimedia strategy and content, by producing weekly social media content in English and Arabic in coordination with the regional media and communications adviser.
- Initiate engagement with national media, develop and maintain list of media and establish professional media relationships for NRC in Sudan and develop press releases as needed and requested
- Produce communication and information products including annual reports, quarterly updates, programs info products/fact sheet etc.
- Conduct trainings and on the job technical capacity building of communications and programme staff to produce relevant and high quality communication materials
- Develop the multimedia portfolio of NRC, especially in terms of videos, infographics, animations, and other creative content
- Alert regional media adviser on developing crises, emergencies and news stories for quick reactive media work and planning
- Respond swiftly to media requests and ensure adherence to the signoff process in public communications
- Serve as NRC’s official spokesperson as necessary
- Assist Head Office in the production, dissemination and promotion of virtual reality content
- Support the communications strategy and content of the Digital Community Hub
- Handle communications with relevant service providers (i.e. with contracted designers, copy-editors, printers, venues, etc)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 4 years’ experience working in communications, journalism, PR, production
- Experience working in the international aid and cooperation sector, with INGOs, NGOs, UN, embassies, cultural centres etc. in communications positions is a plus
- Experience in managing staff and projects
- Relevant university degree in Communications, Design, Art, International Relations
- Strong and documented writing skills writing, storytelling
- Strong and documented video production and editing, design and photography skills. Strong knowledge working in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Strong and documented experience in managing social media such as Facebook and Twitter for professional purpose
- Thorough knowledge and experience managing social media accounts
- Thorough knowledge and experience drafting material for traditional media
- Thorough knowledge and experience with photography and videography, including video editing
- Excellent level in English both written and verbal
- Excellent in Arabic both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of Sudan’s humanitarian context, including in the peripheries
- Knowledge of working with donors, visibility standards, and publications’ writing and production is a plus.
- Experience being in front of the camera is a plus
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, including when communicating with vulnerable communities.
- Working against tight deadlines and ensuring high-quality standards
- Demonstrated ability or experience in finding new creative media angles and new platforms to present communications work.
- Strong communication, coordination and representational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and focus on results
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Strong ability to work independently
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers