Administration Intern – UNOPS
|Department/office||AFR, ETMCO, Sudan|
|Duty station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Application period||06-Apr-2022 to 20-Apr-2022|
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Administration Intern will be responsible for the following:
Summary of Key Functions
- Logistics and asset management support
- Administrative and operational, coordination support
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures provision of reliable logistics and asset management support, namely:
- Participate in appropriate maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property.
- Assist in preparing accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for the office as well as for projects.
- Careful monitoring of the movement of equipment into and within the area of responsibility.
- Implementation of an equipment management and accounting system for all equipment and properties managed by the office, in accordance with UNOPS equipment policy.
- Administering the receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection and report preparation. Provides
Provides administrative support to portfolio managers/associates and clients, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participate in the administration and monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine administration of service delivery; in close collaboration with the supervisor Participate in budget entry and revisions in OneUNOPS;
- Assist in Drafting of project communications, checking documents for accuracy and compliance with UNOPS format and style;
- Drafting of authorizations and contracts for service activities;
- Assist in Maintenance of files records (hardcopy and online) of all operational and financial document of the projects for easy reference and retrieval; document management, including file closures, archiving.
- Participate in review of consultant Terms of Reference; initiation of agreements on receipt of client/supervisor clearance.
- Maintenance of a contract tracking plan, reviewing sub-contractor invoices and supporting documentation to ensure that services provided are in conformity with the terms of the contract.
- Administrative arrangements (e.g. logistics) for conferences.
- Assist in preparation of briefing materials as required for mission travel and/or discussion on project activities and status.
- Interaction with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange information on administrative issues and seek co-operation. Assist in resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to supervisor with recommendations for course of action.
- Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training events for the programme, operations and projects personnel on logistics and transport related subjects.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Input and update of accurate data and information to facilitate of project activities, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge.
- Use of technology and electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with colleagues and clients.
Stipend will be provided.
Impact of Results
The key results directly affect the overall efficiency of the team’s administrative services, impacting the office’s capacity to efficiently and effectively service the operational needs of the office/programme. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
University degree preferably in Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Management, Development studies or related area within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
Those who graduated in 2021/2022 are highly encouraged to apply.
– Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
– Proficiency in Web applications such as google suite, MS office applications is an asset.
Intermediate or above proficiency level of English & Arabic is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: Internship
Contract duration: 6 months Internship (with possibility of extension for a maximum duration of one year)
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fresh Graduate candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – Sudan
The UNOPS Sudan office is based in Khartoum and works closely with the Government of Sudan and international partners to support humanitarian response, recovery and development initiatives. UNOPS is the United Nations sector lead for the Basic Infrastructure Sector in Sudan and helps partners achieve their project goals in sectors including: water resource management, education, census and elections, human resource management and mine action.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.