Project FIN/ HR Manager – MSF
|Organization||Medecins sans Frontieres|
|Reports to (Hierarchical)||Project Coordinator|
|Reports to (Functional)||HR Coordinator, Finance Coordinator|
|Job Family||HR & FIN|
|Location||Central Darfur – in Rokero with field visits|
|Salary||1394 USD Gross|
|Other benefits||• The selected candidate if he/she is not Rokero resident MSF will support with|
accommodation for 2 motnhs
• To support with initial expenses, a one time moving allowance will be paid when the
selected staff moves to his own accommodation
Planning, coordinating and implementing HR, Admin and Financial activities and policies in the project
according to legal obligations and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality,
reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives
• In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the HR Coordinator and Finance Coordinator, calculating, analysing and monitoring the project’s HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts. Proposing corrective actions when required.
• Planning, supervising and ensuring the implementation of, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing, induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Supporting the project line managers in said processes in order to improve staff capabilities, their end results contribution to mission goals and to boost their active participation and
• Advising on set-up and updating the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions and assisting the PC, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
• Ensuring hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labour laws. Archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, looking for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
• Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Under supervision of the HRCo, ensuring the indexation process of the national staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites
• In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF
• Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
• Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place. Ensuring and controlling the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère and accounting software monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
• Being responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project,
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supervise and assist the Admin-Fin Assistants in ( Rokero, Zalingi and Elfasher) to register and update all employees information in Homere database
- Ensure, through Admin-Fin Assistants, that the supervisors in the project conduct evaluations of their staff and all documentation is kept in each employee personal file
- Supervise and assist the Admin-Fin Assistants to prepare the social insurance contribution of the discharged staff
- in close collaboration with Khartoum liaison office follow up international staff travel permits validity/expiration date
- Controls the recruitment procedures, vacancies, interviews, contracts’ renewals, amendments, ends of
- Being responsible for quality of the documents e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and
supporting documents and to ensure timely send to the capital,
- Responsible for reviewing and modification for all soft accounts that managed by Fin-Admin assistants to ensure the correct accounting codes are used before synchronisation
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between the organisation and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Work in close coordination with project management team to ensure sending the monthly MMR and BFUF to the finance coordinator
- Responsible for preparation of the project annual budget / midyear revision and budget administration, Close budget follow up and forecast with all departments, predictions according to current expenses and project operation
- Supervise and assist the Admin-Fin Assistants to follow food basket data collection/analysis and bi-monthly reporting to capital HR team
▪ NB: This is not exhaustive. Additional roles/duties maybe assigned as deemed necessary by the
|Education||Desirable, degree in finance, management (business, HR) or administration|
|Experience||• Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs|
Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries
|Languages||Essential, mission working language|
|Knowledge||• Essential computer literacy (word, Excel, internet)|
Desirable HR and Financial MSF software (Homère, FFC, SAGA)
|Competencies||• People Management and Development L2|
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L3
• Results and Quality Orientation L3
• Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested send their application in English language and include:
• Complete CV and copies of all certificates
• Proof of registration with relevant bodies.
• Sudanese National ID copy of labour card and civil certificate.
• The position is open from 07
th April 2022 and closing on 17th April 2022.
¨MSF Spain/Application for the post of Project FIN/Admin Manager
to Labour office, Central Darfur, Zalengei Town.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
• We thank you for the interest to work with MSF and for applying for this position.