Copywriter and Content Editor Consultant – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Copywriter and Content Editor Consultant (161221)|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
|Posted Date||14th April 2022|
|Closing date||29th April 2022|
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The External Relations Unit (ERU) in WFP Sudan Country Office (CO) is responsible for partnerships (donor relations), communications, and reporting. The ERU uses various forms of communications to explain how WFP’s assistance is making a significant contribution to the achievement of Zero Hunger in Sudan to both internal and external stakeholders, such as donors, media, general public, as well as staff in WFP Sudan, Regional Bureau, and Headquarters.
The Copywriter and Content Editor will report directly to the Head of External Relations and provide support to both communications and reporting teams on a wide range of activities as outlined below.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Produce compelling and engaging contents (photos, videos, stories, infographics, beneficiary stories, etc.) for use across a variety of channels (e.g., Twitter, WFP website, donor visibility, external publications, and internal newsletter/reports, etc.).
- Proactively generate contents by participating in or leading brainstorms/creative sessions or undertaking field trips, as requested/needed.
- Ad-hoc writing tasks as requested, including for internal newsletters, op-ed, or event speeches.
- Edit in-house existing content to ensure accuracy and brand consistency.
- Produce targeted and engaging copy for on-line campaigns and activities based on identified project/programmes. This will include copywriting in response to sudden-onset emergencies, drawing from pre-approved organizational messaging.
- Coordinate, write and finalize the production of WFP Sudan’s 2022 Annual Country Report (ACR)
- Support other workstreams, as needed.
- Exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal, ability to scan, analyze and interpret information and summarize complex issues, and tailor communications to different audiences and cultures.
- Experience working as a journalist or other creative professional, writing and producing engaging communications products.
- Experience working with leading humanitarian and development agencies – either UN or international NGOs.
- Ability to translate technical language and organizational messaging into clear and compelling stories.
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to plan, prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with people in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced University degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience : At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience with copywriting and copy-editing experience for both digital and offline channels.
Languages : Fluency (Level C) in English. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Open: 14th April 2022
Closes: 29th April 2022