POSTING DATE: 06 August2019
CLOSING DATE: 20 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s UN Humanitarian Air Services (UNHAS) team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused services to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Aviation Assistants (two positions) to support our UNHAS Unit in El Obeid and Damazin, Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract at the SC5 level.ABOUT WFP:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE:
To perform a range of coordination and administrative activities that contribute to the safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform operational coordination and administration of air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations.
2. Liaise with airport officials and other local authorities in order to obtain necessary clearances, documentation and authorisations required for air operations.
3. Collate all post-flight documentation in order to confirm flights have taken place and in compliance with established conditions.
4. Research, collate and report on aviation related information, to enable decision-making and facilitate air transportation planning.
5. Update and maintain relevant databases and records, ensuring that relevant information is accurate, organised, accessible to others, and supports reporting requirements.
6. Respond to client queries, following standard processes and obtaining guidance or escalating as required.
7. Liaise with internal counterparts in order to carry out duties successfully, support the alignment of aviation activities with wider programmes.
8. Provide support to other staff, assisting them in completing tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
09. Support process reviews, and improvements in methods and practices, in order to maximise the performance of air activities and related operations.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond in its core areas at the onset of a crisis.
11. Perform other duties if required.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or related field is essential for Air Operations roles, desirable for Air Movement roles.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic.HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in restricted flying zones, and other aviation risks and assisting in flight planning.
• Experience in handling passenger manifests and aircraft loading.
• Experience in interpreting routine weather reports.
• Experience in basic flight following and radio telephony procedures..
Apply now :
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
20 August 2019
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
- This positions is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or those who are allowed to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
- This VA has been extended. Candidates who have already applied need not re-apply.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List