JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening date: 06 August 2019
Closing date: 20 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused logistics services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective logistics management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Storekeeper to be join our logistics team in ElFula, Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract at SC5 level.ABOUT US:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE:
To coordinate receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and ensure implementation of the best storage management practices and compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, the Storekeeper shall perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and/or receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. STOs, LESS, waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Review, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and ensure accurate maintenance of confidential files and warehouse transaction records to enable immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyses reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Support regular physical stock inventory exercise, to ensure compliance with IPSAS and standard business requirements.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide supervision, guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff supporting their development and high performance.
- Ensure that assistants assigned to the various stores.
- Provide supervision and training of other storekeepers and casual labour.
- Perform any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education is required. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible general storekeeper work experience. Additional experience in the field of Accounting, Administrative Services or other related field is an asset.
Language: Fluency in Arabic and English.
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packagesDESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Experience using logistics databases to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 20 August 2019
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations
- THIS VA HAS BEEN EXTENDED. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY.