JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening Date: 07 August 2019
Closing Date: 21 August 2019.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s team and developing technology solutions that will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of Sudan’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Information Technology Assistant to be based in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Special Service Agreement at SSA4 level.ABOUT WFP:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE:
To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
The incumbent will be based in Khartoum, with regular travel to WFP offices throughout Sudan. The incumbent will report to the Head of ICT Infrastructure, or his delegates and will be responsible for the following duties:
- provide complete network cabling assessment/installation for AlFula new office.
- Following the network cabling evaluation done by Geneina ICT, provide more detailed assessment of the defected network cabling parts at Geneina and Mukjer offices and provide complete maintenance as required.
- Provide network cabling assessment and installation for Geneina fleet workshop.
- Provides network cabling assessment for the new office extension in Zalingei office and perform the installation as required.
- Installation of new 10x workstations for Project unit new prefabs at CO.
- Installation of new 10x workstations for Daeen sub office.
- Review and provide network cabling re-structure to the network cabling at the entrance (security checkup area).
- Support the server room arrangement activity in CO and field offices; work side by side with the infrastructure team to arrange network cabling and power inside server rooms. Provide complete patching, labeling and cables re-arrangement where required
- Itemize all materials/equipment required to complete mentioned activities. Initiate and follow-up on the procurement process with Admin/logistics.
- Provide network connectivity support required with new-establishment/reallocation of offices in CO.
- Perform any other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in the domain of Information Technology is advantage.
Experience: At least 3 years of experience working in the field of network cabling.
Language: Fluent in English and Arabic Languages.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Courtesy, tact, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds. User oriented and conversant, yet persistent.
- Conversant with computers on a user level is a must, along with an excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications mainly MS Excel, Word and Visio.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software would be an advantage,
- Able to work in difficult environments,
- Able to work independently as well as in a team, organize his/her own daily planning and reporting,
- Previous UN experience would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing Date: 21 August 2019.
- Qualified female applicants encouraged to apply.
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List