JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
OPENING DATE: 06 August 2019
CLOSING DATE: 20 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles .Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Information & Technology team to develope technology solutions and to guide information technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effect delivery of IT services that will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced IT Operations Associate (IT Helpdesk) based in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Service Contract at SC6 level .ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyses data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Assist the IT Service Desk Team Leader in staffing, shift work planning, coordination, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and reporting;
- Act as a shift in-charge for a shift as per the roster (The service operates on a 24/7/365 basis with stand-by shifts on weekends. Shift duty is mandatory including stand-by weekend shifts);
- Act as a service process improvement expert for an ITIL process-based support center environment, analyze the current state of service level agreement compliance and suggest measures for improvement;
- Coordinate and develop IT trainings contents, work-flow, procedures, and provide training to IT Assistants on underlying tools, applications and technology for existing and new services;
- Have the knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative area (Information Technology maintenance)
Fluency in English and Arabic.DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
• Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
• Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.HOW TO APPLY?
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 20 August 2019
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status;
- THIS VA HAS BEEN EXTENDED. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY