JOB POSTING INFORMATION :
Opening date: 07 August 2019
Closing date: 21 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Policy Officer (Access to Food Systems) to support our programme team in Khartoum, Sudan, to be hired on Fixed Term Appointment at the NOB level.ABOUT WFP:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE:
To provide support to policy and programmer activities that effectively meet food or cash assistance needs.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyze a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advance University degree (Master) in Social Sciences, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, International Affairs or other field relevant to international development assistance or First University degree (Bachelor) with additional relevant years of working experience.
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible related work experience for holders of an advanced university degree or five years of progressively responsible related work experience for holders of a first university degree.
Language:Fluency in both English and Arabic.OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Capacity to work in an organized manner but also meet tight deadlines due to unforeseen circumstances;
- Willingness to undertake extensive field visits to provide programmatic and operational support to WFP field offices;
- Engage with Government counterparts and other agencies on policy level discussions regarding humanitarian assistance and policy/contextual developments that may directly or directly impact WFP operation in Sudan;
- Demonstrate analytical capacity to interpret programmatic and operational challenges and provide timely input for effective operational outcomes and risk mitigation.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
• Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working.
apply now :
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 21 August 2019
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to nationals of Sudan.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List