JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
5POSTING DATE: 07 AUGUST 2019
CLOSING DATE: 19 AUGUST 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfers) to join our Programme team in El-Geneina Sudan, to be hired on Fixed Term Appointment at the NOA level.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Policy Office works in close coordination with Programme, Finance and Supply Chain. The incumbent will report directly to the Head of Office in El Geneina, and will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Assist in the planning of registration and distribution exercises, and with reporting of achievements against plan as required;
2. Assist to prepare registration and distribution exercises and ensure all equipment, material, CP staff/Volunteers, security/crowd control arrangements and transport required for the duration of each exercise.
3. Liaise timely with all parties concerned with registration and distribution exercises (Government counterpart, UNHCR, CP, IOM, community leaders, security etc.) to ensure coordinated implementation.
4. Ensure all registration and distribution team members are adequately prepared and trained for the registration and distribution tasks at hand.
5. Be present during registration and distribution exercises as much as possible and submit daily registration/distribution reports including issues/risks arising and achievements;
6. Assist with beneficiary authentication and verify that beneficiary complaints mechanism is working;
7. Ensure timely reconciliation of beneficiary numbers reached against payment lists;
8. Assist in the implementation of agreed risk mitigation measures as per the approved Risk Matrix, as required;
9. Recommend improvements in implementation SOPs, internal controls and Programme design, for review and approval by the AO/CO Programme;
10. Assist in cost analysis, assessments, transfer value reviews etc. as required;
11. Perform other tasks are requiredSTANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, OR First University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: A minmum of one year’s work experience related to the role for holders of an advanced university degree and two years of related work experience for holders of a first university degree.
Language: fluency in both English and Arabic.DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Experience in implementing CBT operations.
- Experience with multi-functional approaches and coordination is welcome.
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Able to operate effectively and efficiently in a high-pressure and fast-paced department in which often involves rapid change;
- Strong communication skills and willingness to follow-up with individuals and departments in order to achieve goals;
- Able to operate with compassion and impartiality and demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and respect towards beneficiaries of all ages, locations and ethnic backgrounds;
- Able to live and operate in field locations with very basic infrastructure and amenities.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
apply now: https://successfactors.wfp.org//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=104001&_ga=2.7181690.935197072.1565546743-197873016.1565170210
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 19 August 2019
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
- THIS VA HAS BEEN EXTENDED. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List