JOB POSTING INFORMATION :
Opening date: 07 August 2019
Closing date: 21 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Policy Officer (Head of Field Office) to head the WFP Field Office team in El Fula, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed Term Appointment at the NOA level.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE
The Programme Policy Officer (Head of Field Office) with delegated authority plans and manages the field operations at the respective state to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Policy Officer (Head of Field Office) works under the direct supervision of the Head of Area Office and will be responsible for the following duties.
- Enhance the effectiveness of WFP accessibility to affected population and upscale the implementation of WFP policies, strategies and projects in related State including an improved delivery of WFP assistance to all targeted locations.
- In coordination with the Area Office, plan, manage and report the WFP’s field operations within the related State and monitor the work to ensure effective and efficient delivery of food assistance.
- In coordination with CETA M&E team and with WFP’s Third-Party Monitoring (TPM), conduct a timely monitoring of activities to ensure that related Standards of operations, rules and regulations are met.
- Monitor the national food security situation in State, assure the implementation of WFP activities, intervention and needs for food, confirm that allocated resources are used efficiently and are in line with agreed plans.
- Actively advise/supervise and track WFP food commodities transport, storage, handling, and distribution from WFP warehouses to the partners warehouse and the sites of distribution, maintain records and accounts.
- Effectively manage and lead the staff team in Field Office to ensure a continued high performance and timely implementation of WFP’s activities.
- Work closely with Security Unit in Khartoum and hold accountability for the safety of WFP staff, operations, premises and assets in Field Office and ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally met and followed.
- Build effective and collaborative relations with the local authorities and contribute to the expertise sharing and capacity building for effective preparedness and response to community needs.
- Build partnerships to improve assistance packages, develop and sustain cooperation and coordination with all entities engaged in the field of food security.
- Perform other tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: At lease one year of experience in a field relevant to programmes management for holders of an advanced degree or two years’ of experience in a field relevant to programmes management for holders of a first level university degree is required.
Language: Fluency in both English and ArabicDESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has developed, or supported in the development of, single discipline work plans to support the achievement of organisational strategic aims within a defined area.
- exposure in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency.
- field experience in delivering programs in a sub-office setting.
- experience of analysing local political situations and assessing risk accurately.
- Gained broader exposure across areas within a function (i.e. policy, programme etc.).
- experience managing small to mid-size financial budgets, balancing priorities effectively.
- experience leading a small to mid-size team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
- Participated in a vendor/government/ partner negotiation within area of focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 21 August 2019
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate according to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to nationals of Sudan.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List