JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening date: 06 August 2019
Closing date: 20 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Information & Technology team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective radio operations services that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Radio Operators for our duty stations in Ed Damazin, Kosti and El Fula, Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract at SC 4 level.ABOUT WFP:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE:
To support telecommunications services in order to facilitate efficient implementations of security process and procedures.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
As an Radio Operator, you will be responsible for:
1. Coordinate with WFP Security staff and/or UNDSS Radio Room, to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
2. Responsible for monitoring and channeling all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicle and staff movement, to ensure efficient 24-hour coverage of telecommunications services.
3. Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff, to facilitate accurate, efficient and concise communication and information flow.
4. Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) requirements, to ensure effective use of telecommunications equipment.
5. Maintain inventory and provide recommendations for potential improvements, to support efficient planning and keep WFP telecommunications equipment operational.
6. Create and maintain databases (e.g. lists of call signs, addresses, telephone numbers, wardens, etc.), to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
7. Follow established emergency response processes and procedures, to ensure prompt assistance in case of emergencies.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Technical training in communication equipment or other work-related areas.
Experience:Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work.
Language:Fluency in the English and Arabic.DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE: SKILL REQUIRED:
- Basic knowledge of the radio systems (VHF and HF)
- Knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard computer literacy.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
- Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirement.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
- Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies and resolve operational issues promptly.
- High sense of discretion and integrity.
- Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 20 August 2019
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of recruitment process.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) you prefer to be deployed should you be a successful candidate.
- THIS VA HAS BEEN EXTENDED. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List